Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Cheshiahud Run

Tuesday = run day. I decided to take advantage of my new work 'hood and run during my lunch hour. As an added bonus, that meant that I could run alone, without having to chat while sweating like a stuck pig, and I could also enjoy a flat run, while avoiding the hilly run the Ytri guys take us on!

The weather was dry, overcast and warm. I changed clothes, (00h, fancy new locker room, thanks BigCompany!) fired up the Walkmeter on my iPhone, and headed out. Workout goal: 35 minute run. Turns out that a trail has been recently completed going all the way around Lake Union. It's called the Cheshiahud Loop Trail, named after a Duwamish Native American Chief who led a village located on the lake. I headed south, past, the float planes, Zymogenetics and I Love Sushi. Felt good, enjoyed the path, and the scenery. I set a goal to run for 15 minutes, then turn around and head back. I was pacing pretty well, and my first mile split was 12:33 - well above my normal pace! I reached Westlake Avenue, and turned around, walked for a bit to recover and then started running again. I split the rest of the workout between walking and running, ending up with a distance of 2.51 miles in 34.46. Great way to get a workout in, and made the rest of the day go by quickly!

I'm looking forward to more runs on the loop, and will bring my bike and ride the whole trail; that will be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment