Monday, April 26, 2010

Dead Last > Did Not Finish >>> Did Not Start

I had lapband surgery in October 2009, with the goal of losing 130 pounds. As part of my commitment to losing weight, I was determined to start exercising regularly. With my busy life, I knew that I needed to find something that I could do easily and whenever I had some free time. So I started walking, and in December 2009, competed in the Jingle Bell Dash, a really fun 5k walk / run to benefit the Arthritis Foundation. I have a very good friend who loves to run and she inspired me to participate, and that was enough to get me hooked. I started "Couch to 5K" http://www.c25k.com/ program in January, with the intent of running the St. Paddy's Day Dash in Seattle. The C25K program is incredible, and got me to the point where I was running 2 miles (30 minutes!) non-stop. Not a 5k, but pretty awesome for someone who had problems running for 60 seconds before starting the program!

However, I am very goal oriented, so after the St. Paddy's Day Dash, with no races on the horizon, I fell off the training wagon. Early in the year, in a fit of optimism, I registered for the Seattle Rock and Roll Half Marathon (walk), and the Danskin Triathlon. How I'm going to get from here to there is going to be interesting, and I invite you along for the ride.

1 comment: